Thursday 12 September 2013

A new blog, a new start.

Greetings to you all, I'm blogging again from my little castle, Bringing to you my opinions and views on the hobby I love and commit to from time to time.
Its been a while in the making, my last blog (which I have shut down, but will add older posts if requested to do so) was a little hit for me, and I enjoyed putting my thoughts on the internet.




As the side bar read, I have been gaming for over 14 years now and have gathered a wealth of knowledge of the Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40,000 universes. In the latter years of my hobby, I have leaned more away from the competitive side of the game and more towards enjoying myself, and ensuring my opponent has an equally good game.
It has been a long time since I have faced off against a gamer with the same mind-set, and have recently encountered the 'big-buy gamers, i.e I'm gonna buy those three Riptides and I'm gonna win.... sigh... of course you are going to win, but seriously pal, I'm not gonna enjoy it. Sure its only a game, but having a good time is key in this hobby (my own opinion of course)
If my opponent is bringing that attitude to the table, I'm half tempted to pack up and leave, when I imagine a wargame, I see infantry, supported by tanks, artillery and other specialized units, not the bare minimum of whats needed backed up by overwhelming 'cheesery'. The whole min/maxing of army lists is also an aggravating factor that I think the whole internet gaming community has latched onto.
Balance is the guide that leads me to make suitable purchase and army decisions, I will ask myself if I need or want the unit/character I'm after, based on cost and use and then take what I have to the table and risk facing off against someone who has an equally thematic list.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not adverse to getting stuck in even facing a loss, because, heck, it's only a game, right? If I'm up for a loss, I make the most of it, heckling my army, my losses and myself from time to time, and taking none of it seriously at all, I'll run for that last ditch attempt to cap that flag, to frag that champion or to storm that wall in a 'charge of the light brigade' style with the Benny Hill music playing overhead.
So after that introduction to who I am, what my views on other gamers locally and how I play, look forward to Pictures of my painted and converted miniatures, Video uploads on games, reviews and video logs on my recent gaming experiences

No comments:

Post a Comment